Y’all. Right off the top of my head I can list 99 problems and Blake Shelton ain’t one of them. Real world problems. Things worthy of stewing over. Problems in my own backyard that need attention.
Confession: I got
a little caught up in the whole Blake minus Miranda plus Gwen thing. Yes, I’m a fan of country music, and I mourned over Blake and Miranda’s breakup. I even blogged about it. But Wednesday night when my Twitter feed blew up and I read a bunch of hateful and utterly ridiculous stuff, I had to call a time out. After three days in a row of The Voice, (so much talent-Yay Barrett Baber!), I realized lots of people had plunged off the edge of reality. I was headed there myself.
I even found myself accusing Gwen of wearing her hair like Tammy Wynette to look a little more country than rock ‘n roll. Geez Louise. Just stop.
- How about drought and lack of clean water?
- The fiscal crisis in our country and everywhere else.
- The fact that 1 in 4 American children grow up without learning how to read.
- And we accept it.
- Who will we elect as our next President?
- Then there’s the gender pay gap,
- and how a lot of men I know probably don’t believe it’s a real thing.
- But it is.
- Crime is horrible, and we are numb to it.
- What about mentally ill people who need help instead of prison?
- Veterans and veteran problems.
- El Nino and climate problems and crazy tornadoes in November.
- How about the fact that in some corners of the planet, people go hungry.
- European refugees.
- People with no insurance.
- People who only want to live off social programs.
- People who have no choice but to live off social programs.
- What about those who have no hope. No belief or faith in anyOne or anything?
You get the picture. There are national problems that worry me. Third world problems that should worry everyone.
51. What if we as a people have reached the end of progress?
52. No ones talks face-to-face anymore. That can’t be good.
Dot Dot Dot…
72. The Far Right.
73. The Far Left.
74. The death of common sense.
Local problems. Family problems. My day-to-day problems that really aren’t problems at all.
81. What if my cousin who just had surgery isn’t ok?
82. Why can’t I get my lazy self to the gym?
83. What’s wrong with the gas burners on my stove?
92. Is my armadillo gone for good?
93. Why isn’t my garage door opener working?
94. Why can’t I cut back on coffee?
95. What if no one likes my book?
96. What if I never write another interesting thing beginning with this post?
97. Why at age 53 do I even care what people think?
98. Do I worry too much?
99. Or not enough?
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Food. Garden. Life.
P.S. If you’ve read to the end and have no idea why I’m saying this, kudos to you for living above the media fray.
[tweetthis]99 Problems and @BlakeShelton ain’t one of them. Ok so maybe he’s number 105. #realnews[/tweetthis]
Tammy Wynette, D.I.V.O.R.C.E.