SAVE THE DATE because you’re invited to my Gene, Everywhere Virtual Book Launch Party!
- WHAT? A book launch party held online means there’s no reason not to “attend”. You can wear your most comfy clothes and participate from your couch with favorite beverage in hand.
- WHEN? March 9, 2020, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. CST.
- WHY? Because—it’s time! We had a virtual party in 2016 for the release of The Accidental Salvation of Gracie Lee and it was so much fun. A second book is no less worthy of celebration. Actually, a second book may be more worthy because I am crazy enough to jump back in. LOL.
- WHO? You. Me. Everyone. Invite your friends!
- WHERE? On Facebook. So, yes being on Facebook is really the only requirement.
- HOW? Click HERE to join the Facebook party. Easy. Free. Fun.
There will be 12 cool prizes up for grabs!
What? You’ve never joined a virtual party (or you’ve slept since the last one)? Keep reading for all the details…
Here are the basic rules (plus helpful things to know):
- Beginning at 6:30, I’ll post the first giveaway item and a question.
- You’ll have ten minutes to post a response or comment.
- At 6:40, I will post another giveaway item and a new question. This will continue every ten minutes ending at 8:30.
- A winner will be selected from each question category using random number generator. Winners will be posted throughout the night.
- The party is fun and fast paced! Believe me, 10 minutes will go by in a flash. 2 hours will go by in a flash.
- No matter how odd the questions may seem, each will somehow relate to Gene, Everywhere. (You may not get the connection until you read the book.) Just pretend we are all sitting around discussing a particular topic. (Really, it’s like being at a family reunion when everyone talks at the same time. Know what I mean?)
- You can participate as much as you like by commenting. Or you can simply watch and read along. But you can’t win one of the 12 prizes if you sit on the sidelines.
- IMPORTANT: Refresh the launch party Facebook page regularly so that you don’t miss new questions. (i.e. reload the page by re-clicking the arrow in the search bar on your computer/pad.)
Gene, Everywhere VIRTUAL BOOK LAUNCH PARTY GIVEAWAY ITEMS
In my effort to support local, most of the prizes represent local artisans and/or small businesses.
Here’s a sneak peek of the 12 items. Can you figure any of them out?
Soon, I will begin sharing information about these specific items.
RSVP, WON’T YOU?
Head over to the Virtual Launch Party Facebook Page and click the ✓Going button (or *Interested if you can’t commit). And maybe share this post with your friends? The more the merrier!
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Food. Garden. Life.
I LOVE this idea! I’m trying to figure out how to launch my book in a few months, and this is the best, most concise advice I’ve found. Thank you!
Talya Tate Boerner says
You are very welcome! Launching a book during coronavirus was a challenge, but this event turned out to be successful and so much fun! Good luck and congrats on your book!!!