Yes, I’m still blogging about my recent road trip, and today I’m thinking about the things I found in Florida. Cool things. Abstract ideas. Simple stuff.
- Like after all these years, I discovered exactly where she sells seashells by the seashore.
- the S. S. Minnow.
- that I don’t care for boiled peanuts. I know, I know, they’re a southern thing, but it was my first time to eat them, and they aren’t for me… Messy and soggy and oh well. It takes way more than this to revoke my southern card. I hope.
- that I do in fact love oysters.
- the exact location of Yoda’s summer home (which I wrote about HERE).
- a short story waiting to happen (which I wrote about HERE).
- that a little sand goes a loooooooooong way. (Am I right, Busvlogger?) In fact, I learned I’m more of a seaport sort of girl than a sandy beach sort of girl. There’s something about those shrimp boats.
- that traveling solo is a beneficial thing. I wrote an entire article about this for Arkansas Women Bloggers (coming soon). In a nutshell, you have to depend on yourself, entertain yourself, follow GPS by yourself, dine by yourself, and as a result of this by-yourself-ness, you might meet people you wouldn’t normally meet.
- that coming home after traveling solo is really a good thing.
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Family. Garden. Life.
[tweetthis]Things I found in Florida. @VISITFLORIDA @Visit_Tally #LoveFL[/tweetthis]
The Drifters – Under the Boardwalk