(This post is sponsored by Great Day Farms. All opinions are my own.)
Y’all. Before I get to this amazing Velvet Elvis Pound Cake recipe, I want to let you know I have ten dozen Great Day Farms eggs to give away just in time for Christmas baking! If you are like me, you can always use extra eggs, especially free ones. I went through almost three dozen eggs preparing my Thanksgiving meal. Almost every dessert and casserole calls for eggs.
Let’s talk about the yummiest pound cake ever. I present the Velvet Elvis Pound Cake.
My Momma (who rarely cooks these days) made this pound cake last Christmas, and it was so heavenly that I made it for Thanksgiving last week.
According to the recipe Momma found in the Dallas Morning News, it was Elvis’s favorite. I know what you’re thinking and no, it isn’t a peanut butter and banana poundcake. The texture is smooth like velvet (so velvety I’ve named it the Velvet Elvis Pound cake).
This cake is truly perfect from the edges to the center. It’s made with cake flour and whipping cream—therein lies the difference.
Well, Elvis did.
You’ll want to add this to your holiday baking menu. It’s a Christmas worthy dessert and my new favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted twice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed - about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in half of the cake flour.
- Add whipping cream.
- Beat in remaining cake flour and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a buttered and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean, approximately 60 - 65 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- While you enjoy it, think of The King.
Now here’s more about the egg giveaway. Courtesy of Great Day Farms, I will be giving away one dozen eggs to ten winners. Contest ends December 9. Winners will be announced periodically during contest. There are several ways to enter, just follow the instructions below or on the Grace Grits Facebook page by clicking HERE. Thank ya, thank ya very much!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Food. Garden. Life.