(Disclosure: I’m collaborating with Jord Watch. I received product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine.)
Funny How Things Work Out
Just as I was thinking about the new year and goals to make the best use of my time, Jord Watch contacted me about doing a review in exchange for a watch. No kidding. One of the time-saving strategies I’d decided to implement during 2019 was to begin wearing a watch again. A few years ago, I stopped because I could easily check the time with a quick glance to my iPhone. Here’s my problem with that plan (and I bet many of you have the same issue). A quick check of the time led to reading Twitter notifications, scrolling through Facebook posts, and commenting on my Instagram feed. And while I’m at it, I might as well check my emails…
You see where this is going.
Not wearing a watch literally caused me to lose time!
Yes, several watches rest in the bottom of my jewelry box with dead batteries and styles that don’t seem to speak to me today. The truth is I’ve been eyeing Jord watches for a while now on Instagram (#Jordwatch). I am drawn to the oversized faces and unique wooden bands.
Like I said, it’s funny how things work out.
Something you may not realize… January is an important month for me as a writer and author. January marks the SEVEN YEAR anniversary of my blog, Grace Grits and Gardening, and the THREE YEAR birthday of my novel, The Accidental Salvation of Gracie Lee.
A celebration is in order. Don’t you think?
In collaboration with Jord (pronounced Yode, like Yoda without the a), I’m hosting a Book-Blog Birthday Giveaway with one $100 e-gift winner. If you win, you’ll receive $100 off the Jord watch of your choosing! (Watch prices start at $139.)
A few things to note:
- Jord is Danish for Earth. This makes my nature-loving, wordsmith heart happy.
- The company is based in St. Louis, Missouri. That’s practically local for me!
- Most backplates can be engraved, and many styles are customizable with mix and match faces and wood.
- Watches come with free worldwide shipping, a 1-year warranty, and hassle-free return/exchange policy.
- Watches are splash-proof (but don’t submerse them for prolonged periods).
- Self-winding (yay— no battery!)
- Sapphire glass is second only to diamond in hardness and scratch resistance.
- Bands are crafted from a variety of sustainable wood including acacia, bamboo, olive, purpleheart, and more. Sounds almost magical, doesn’t it?
The watch I’m wearing is Frankie Zebrawood & Champagne which retails for $189.00. The slim profile and oversized face is perfect for my preferred minimalist jewelry style.
Hello? Isn’t she a cool timepiece! I’m impressed with the craftsmanship and style.
It will only take you a few seconds to enter my Book-Blog Birthday Giveaway. You might be the lucky winner! If you are, you’ll win a $100 e-gift code to use toward purchasing the Jord watch of your choice. Every entrant will receive a 10% off code. There’s no reason not to enter!
THANK YOU for being part of my Grace Grits and Gardening family and helping me celebrate! When I crafted my first blog post in 2012, I had no idea where writing might lead me. Although I can’t predict what 2019 will bring, I’m expecting great things and plan to make every second count.
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Food. Garden. Life.
P.S. I hope you’ll share this post with your friends after you enter!