Hey there! How about joining me for a virtual book discussion of Gene, Everywhere? This will happen over a four-week period, beginning May 1, 2020. I hope you’ll “attend”!
Seriously, y’all, my book launched only days before the country locked down for coronavirus. So far this spring, I’ve postponed five book discussions and a book signing. I know this is no great catastrophe in the scheme of things, but after much planning and great anticipation, it is disappointing to me.
Luckily, the virus can’t keep us from reading.
I’ve never hosted a virtual book discussion on Facebook, so like most everything I’ve done lately, I’ll be making the rules up as I go. I envision this to be much like the virtual book launch party we had for both Gene, Everywhere and The Accidental Salvation of Gracie Lee. If we decide the format doesn’t work well, we may change to Skype or Zoom later. Or Facebook live. For now, I thought we’d keep it low key and low technology.
Here’s the schedule:
As you can see, the scheduled is planned so that we discuss two sections/chapters at a time. Please make sure your weekly questions and comments pertain to those specific sections. This will eliminate the possibility of spoilers for those who may be reading the book as we go along.
If you want to join in the fun but haven’t read Gene, Everywhere, there’s still time. Because we are only discussing two sections of the book at a time, you can read those sections without tackling the whole book by May 1. (Not that it’s a long, complicated read or anything.)
To participate, you’ll need to join the Facebook Book Discussion Page HERE. (Yes, this a different page from the #TeamGene Facebook Page.) Later, if we decide this is a fun thing to do, we can begin regular monthly discussions of other books.
Still Need A Book?
If you haven’t read Gene, Everywhere and want to buy a book, there are so many ways to get your hands on a copy!
- Order via Paypal. I mail these directly so you should get your book within a few days.
- Order via Walmart for delivery or pickup.
- Order paperback or hardback via Amazon. Amazon delivery times have slowed, so keep this in mind if you need it for our discussion.
- Order the Kindle version via Amazon for immediate delivery. For those who prefer ebook format, this is easy peasy.
- Order Nook version or Hardback from Barnes & Noble.
- Fort Smith, Ar (and immediate area) – buy from Bookish bookstore. Bookish is doing curbside pickup and delivery.
Alrighty! Start thinking of your questions. You can even submit them to me early via direct message or email if you’d like.
Thanks a bunch.
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Food. Garden. Life.